Areej Sabzwari, Assoc. AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Highly motivated Planning and Architecture professional with experience in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, GIS, Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, and SketchUp. Skills include strong communication and public presentations to diverse groups, visual and concept design, construction documents, design research and analysis, strategic project planning and design, and meeting designated goals within strict time frames.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
The Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Master of City and Regional Planning (M.C.R.P.), 2011‐2013
- Concentration in Physical and Environmental Planning
- Louis Berger Fellow 2012
The New Jersey Institute of Technology
School of Architecture, Newark, New Jersey
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch), 2006‐2011
- NJIT Student Senate: College of Architecture & Design Representative, 2009‐2010
- NJIT National Organization of Minority Students (NOMAS): Public Relations, 2009‐2011
NBBJ Design (New York, NY)
Architectural Designer (April 2018 – Present)
- Developing detailed design and high-performance building concepts of corporate projects.
- Producing rapid visualization of concepts and construction documentation.
- Preparing detailed drawings in Revit incorporating given design criteria, client standards, and building systems into a comprehensive, functional solution.
- Providing expertise in executing projects with team members, clients and contractors
- Collaborating with the project team in a cross disciplinary environment to produce project documents while ensuring integrated design approaches and solutions.
Flad Architects (New York, NY)
Architectural Associate (July 2013 – March 2018)
- Preparing detailed drawings in Revit and AutoCAD of Research and Development projects
incorporating given design criteria, client standards, and building systems into a comprehensive,
- Delivering comprehensive and coordinated contract documents from the early stages of
schematic design through construction documentation.
- Participating in construction site visits and assisting with the review of submittals and RFIs to
document the construction administration process.
Timothy Haahs & Associates (New Brunswick, NJ)
Planning Intern (September 2012 – July 2013)
- Evaluated parking development using research and design standards.
- Analyzed suburban master plans to support TOD through design‐oriented research and parking studies.
- Prepared a final automated bus storage facility feasibility report for the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey.
The Louis Berger Group, Inc. (Doha, Qatar)
Analyst / Fellow (June 2012 – August 2012)
- Reviewed and prepared weekly / monthly reports under the direct supervision of the Senior Construction Manager in collaboration with Planning Engineers.
- Performed inspections and site‐visits with a team of Resident Engineers and Senior Architects on a signature Rem Koolhaas Head Quarters building project in Education City, Qatar.
Design Resources Group (Piscataway, NJ)
Architectural Designer (June 2011 – June 2012)
- Generated Architectural and MEP redlined construction documents using AutoCAD and Revit Architecture for educational facilities and commercial projects in the tri‐state area.
- Prepared construction details, construction documents in Revit Architecture for a NYSCA K‐5 School project.
Initiative for Regional & Community Transformation (New Brunswick, NJ)
Graduate Research Assistant (July 2011 –December 2011)
- Helped community residents and leaders in the public / private sectors frame workable policies to bolster the political, social, and economic participation of marginalized communities within the larger metropolitan community.
Madison Square Garden‐ Future Venue (New York, NY)
Architectural Intern (February 2011 – June 2011)
- Internship at the /MSG future venue department with BBB Architects for the ongoing MSG transformation. Responsibilities included assisting the Architects with technical drawings in AutoCAD and performing field measures on‐site.
Y.B. Tomm Architect (Nutley, NJ)
Architectural Intern (July 2010 – January 2011)
- Integrated areas of conceptual design, renderings, site visits, client meetings, and developed construction documents for its commercial projects.
Hoffman Grayson Architects (Huntington, NY)
Architectural Intern (May 2008 –August2008)
- Edited redlined construction document in Archicad and performed initial field measures.
Member, American Planning Association (APA) 2011 – Present
Associate Member, American Institute of Architects (AIA) 2012 – Present
Member, U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) 2013 – Present
Skills and Applications
Graphical Presentation: Adobe illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop
Architecture: AutoCAD, Archicad, Sketchup, Revit Architecture
Geographic Information Systems (GIS): ArcMap, ArcGIS
Honors & Awards
APA London Study Tour Award Recipient 2014
The Louis Berger Group Fellow 2012 –2013
Bloustein Award Recipient 2012 –2013
Albert Dorman Honors College Scholarship Recipient 2006 –2011